SC - Castle cake re-post of Huette's directions

Jo Marie Friedel jazzi at alltel.net
Thu Feb 17 14:39:49 PST 2000

> Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 21:52:53 -0800
> From: "Wanda Pease" <wandapease at bigfoot.com>
> Subject: RE: SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #1894-Mundane Nobles

  Several year ago, when I was still titled, I took my great-aunt, Maria
Terese, Grafin von Schellenburg, to a Drachenwald Coronet Tourney, in
Cleves,(Ivarr was Prince) I think, and she enjoyed herself immensely!!

> > Johann von Metten/ (of late, Baron Ritter) Marcus Johannes Karl Franz Josef Loidolt,(von Leichtenstien, von Gussen XVII)
>
> Hi Johann!  I remember meeting you in Master Vasili's camp at Pennsic one year!
 It couldn't have been Ivar's (sp**t) Coronet tourney. At least not if
it was at Cleves.  Ivar won his great victory at Wuerzburg Fortress.
His first Coronet Tourney was held at Nykoping (with an umlaut over the
o) in Sweden. After screwing that one up royally (pun intended) the
second one was held at the orders of the BoD and Crown of the East at
the 12th Night/Investiture site of Frankenstein Castle above Darmstadt.
 If your Aunt saw that one she certainly saw us in high drama.

> Regina Romsey, 5th Viscountess Drachenwald
> (short lady with the silver dragon coronet)
Madame, Yes I remember you quite well!! How are you? I would love to
talk sometime!!
  Tante Maria went to a couple of events with me and I'm sure one of
them was a Cleves ( her sister-in-law was dowager duchess at the time,
both have passed on) though perhaps not a Coronet. Yes, I remember
event a Schloss Frankenstein, we stayed with the family there. Ivar
certainly cut a 'figure'(charity is always a virtue) I recall that he
had someone ask Tante who she was and why she was wearing "that hat"
I don't know what his reaction was, but Tante made a few good friends
there, pity she did not live to enjoy them or the SCA more.
God had better plans made.

Johann von Metten/Marcus Loidolt, Baron EMERITAS( is there a more
beautiful title than emeritas?= retired!!!