SC - SC- Best food for War

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Tue Feb 22 22:30:53 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/22/2000 8:08:56 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
lcm at efn.org writes:

<<
 Whoa... what current Aten policy? I don't think I've heard of it- is it
 for alcohol in feast recipes or for food in camp? How far does this
 extend? I sthis a trend in other kingdoms? >>

Actually, the policy is not for food served in camp, it is that the current
local interpretation of BOD policy here is that NO alcohol can be served at
feasts, in any form, cooked or otherwise, and NO recipes containing alcohol
may be printed in local newsletters.  At least this is the reason I was given
by the editor of the Baronial newsletter as to why my recipe for the Apple
Frittours was rejected for the Chronus Draconum.  Since I was also advised by
some of the posters to this list that modern ales would tend to be too bitter
for the recipe, I decided to try it with apple cider instead.  Not the
alcoholic kind, just plain apple cider bought in the juice aisle at the local
grocery.  I wanted to try it on a large group of guinea pigs before I posted
the modified version, so I made it and served it at War.  Only problem I had
was that it was difficult to make enough of them fast enough to keep the
fighters from eating them all before I served supper, and the yeasty batter
outgrew the bowl before I had finished.

Mordonna the Cook,
SunDragon's Western Reaches
Atenveldt