SC - Ninth century agriculture

Gerekr@aol.com Gerekr at aol.com
Thu Feb 24 12:07:12 PST 2000

Thanks to David/Cariadoc for suggestions:

>Badinjan Muhassa is a yummy period dip.

Is this in the on-line Miscellany or Recipes? If not, please share.

>Andalusian lentils are easy to cook, and the ingredients keep (the
>most perishable being eggs).

Yes, i'm using historical recipes for the lentils and/or chickpeas
with spinach and one of yours for a spinach dish.

>>My consort is a fighter (i'm not yet, but i intend to become a
>>light fighter this year - javelins or archery). He brings along a
>>"case" (12 pack) of Guinness
>
>I gather you have been no more successful in instructing him in the
>Prophet's law than I have been in instructing my Frankish lady wife
>in the same.

Alas, he, too, is a Frank, a Norman. I am doing my best to civilize
him. Fortunately he does limit his consumption of ale. And i do get
the chili with beef or fowl. And he will eat whatever i cook. I am
slowly "turning him to the Maghribi side". He now has material for a
turban (nice indigo blue ikat cotton) and at the SCA demo at
DundraCon over the weekend Khaleed (of the bat-winged octopus arms)
demonstrated to him the wrapping of a turban.

Anahita al-shazhiya

Ride your camel to Beyt Anahita, a Maghribi domicile
http://witch.drak.net/lilinah
Information for SCA Maghribi, Andalusian, and other Near Eastern personae