SC - Distress in Trimaris

Mary Morman memorman at oldcolo.com
Fri Feb 25 06:10:26 PST 2000

I've been smoke-roasting hams, and basting them in a honey-port mixture.
Everyone sez they taste wonderful.  The smoker cooks them at right about 300
degrees, and I just pour the honey-wine mixture over the ham every 15 minutes or
so.  Somehow, using the smoker tends to leave a drier, denser end product, with a
delightful oak-smoke tang that is softened a tad by the honey-port mixture.

wajdi