SC - Mushroom dish - what about rice?

HICKS, MELISSA HICKS_M at casa.gov.au
Mon Feb 28 17:47:40 PST 2000

Lorix,

As I have just started Uni again, my reading of the list has become somewhat
erratic - so please pardon if this issue has already been addressed.  I
can't help with the protein, but as for allergy-free dishes .....

Have you considered Rice cooked in almond milk. I can't for the life of me
think of where I saw this recipe, but it is wheat free, sugar free, dairy
free and vegan. It is a  subtle flavor but not as bland as plain rice.

Also if you add sugar, it is a good base for other desserts like jellied
fruits etc.  I think the recipe was in Fettiplace but I'll have a dig around
over the next few days and confirm that - if it isn't too late for you?

Regards
Meliora.