SC - selecting fruits and vegetables

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 18 17:13:14 PST 2000

Adamantius wrote:
>I have some of the compost I made for Northern Lights in 1995 or 1996
>that appears to still be good. It kept for quite a while sealed in a
>canning jar, and then, after opening, has been in the fridge for longer
>than I'd care to speculate. Anyway, it appears intact, and, if you like
>this particular dish, then it's still apparently good. Tastes about the
>same as always and hasn't made anybody sick. I'm running low, though:
>perhaps I should make another five-year supply!

Hmmm, sounds like i should make some of this for the feast i'm
kitchen stewarding ("feast-ocratting", ugh) in early Dec 2000. I'm
trying to find ways to use root vegetables, and it might be nice to
have something prepared ahead of time. It's a small feast (more than
50, fewer than 100 people).

Have you created your own version? Are you using the one in Pleyn
Delight? A different versions? Hints, please...

(and again my thanks to those who shared recipes a couple months ago
when i asked the list)

Anahita al-shazhiya