SC - Re: Lovage

ChannonM at aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Mon Feb 21 14:37:28 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/20/00 8:28:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org writes:

<< Substitute for Lovage

 Meadowbrook Farms in RI sells lovage seed. If you like I can nip over
 there next weekend and get some for you if they have them in stock
 still...margali

 've tried to get lovage, and have been unable to get it. Does anyone
 know
 what other herb I can substitute without the recipes turning really
 nasty?

 Thanks,

 Glenda. >>

If anyone wants, I have a supply of Lovage (levisticum officianale) that I
have been growing here in Windsor for going on 3 years. I can mail some by
snail mail if people want to send me a SASE at

Channon Mondoux
po box 43598
Detroit, Mi
48243-0598

BTW, I have used lovage extensively and find that the leaves of celery best
match it's taste not the rib portion.

Hauviette