SC - Distress in Trimaris - rebutal

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Fri Feb 25 06:47:54 PST 2000

<<  So when we step up, we request that
 all Feastcrats endeavor to stay away from all period feasts. >>

Oh dear! Oh dear! Oh dear!!!!

Let's see if we can extend this thinking into the other arts:
Costuming:
neon polyester stretch-y cloth because that is what is most common in the
stores these days.
Stitchery:
Use plastic canvas because it is cheap & very durable so you won't have to
worry about something you've stitched, getting ruined outside.
Scribal:
Use colored pencils and magic markers, it's faster that way... or if you are
*really* in a hurry, use the computer, .....they have such lovely fonts these
days.... it certainly would help with the scroll backlog!

I am just as dismayed as you are My Lady Baroness Diana.  *I* have a very
delicate stomach, suffering from ulserative colitis and hyper acidity as I
do, .  but there has ALWAYS been plenty for me to eat at feast.

Being given the chance to taste what was eaten in the MA is a wonderful
thing!  It expands one's horizons.  Gives a person a new experience.  And it
releves the need most of us feel to finish up a dish we had prepared when,
after the first taste we decide that we don't really like it....

Except for out and out allergy  (and here I mean from anything that you know
will cause a bad stomach ache, up to, not being able to breathe) having the
oportunity to try something new at feast is a wonderful gift that our cooks
give the populace.

If Her Highness is concerned about the food, why don't you make sure that the
Head Table has plenty of Hamburger Helper and make "the real stuff" for the
populace?

Phillipa Seton
(who must now probably expect to be banished since she spoke her mind!)