SC - Public Consumption [Was Distress in Trimaris]

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sun Feb 27 14:05:38 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/27/2000 2:19:35 AM Eastern Standard Time, LrdRas at aol.com
writes:

<< BTW, I do make period food at demos and such occasionally available to the
 public freely and out of my own pocket. I see nothing wrong with your
 suggestion regarding samples, etc., although the logistics might be a
 nightmare in itself. >>

My shire recently did a demo for Girl Scout Leaders at their anuual
leadership training weekend.  One of the classes I presented was "Food and
Cooking in Northern Europe in the Late Middle Ages".  Using recipes ranging
from 13th century german (the Koken von Honer recipe as redacted in the
Miscellany), through 15th century England and France, I presented a total of
6 dishes, all of them period, to a totally mundane audience.  They loved them
(with the exceptionof one person who ate nothing).  The demo was done three
weeks ago; it is my understanding that they are still talking about it.  I
had provided the original recipes with the dishes and some of them ate each
dish while reading the appropriate recipe.  I have heard comments from many
people that they were initially a little nervous about the food but were
pleasantly surprised.  They had paid $2 each to attend the class.

Brangwayna Morgan