SC - Pickled Onions and Eggs - Recipes please

Melissa Hicks meliora at macquarie.matra.com.au
Fri Feb 18 16:41:10 PST 2000

Greetings all,

I'm a bit behind on the list, so I apologise if this has been covered
recently.  Can anyone please provide their favourite recipes for pickled
onions and pickled eggs.  Preferably recipes that take less than 8 weeks
to become edible.

Also does anyone know if these were eaten as such in period?  Preferably
15th-16th Century Western Europe, but at the moment I am interested in
any period recipes for these (or perioid if necessary),

Thanks and regards,

Meliora.