SC - Alpine Strawberry plants

Ron and Laurene Wells tinyzoo at aracnet.com
Mon Feb 21 15:46:47 PST 2000

<<
 Alpine strawberry seeds are carried by most seed companies and can also be
 found in many garden center seed racks. They are not difficult to grow, have
 good germination rates and can be planted along fence lines or even along
 hedges and walkways if space is at a premium. While there are limited
sources
 for the plants in the US, that is not a problem since seed is readily
 available. Try Pine Tree, Nichols, Agway garden centers, Lowes, Burpees, etc.

 Ras >>
    Hummmm--I seem to recall that germination is improved by a period of
cold, from the last time I was trying to find space to plant some. Or am I
confusing my plants again? ;-) BTW. I actually did find a few plants
available at a good nursery a few years ago. They didn't fare well where I
had them--probably too shady--but the few berries I got were yummy!

            Ldy Diana

You can buy the PLANTS through Raintree Nursery, in Washington.
http://www.raintreenursery.com/

They have several varieties of strawberry plants (they also sell a Medival
MEDLAR tree that I am anxious to purchase!) including the White Alpine
strawberry you all are talking about so much.  Their catalogs are very
informative and fun to read.  I'm sure you won't be dissapoint to order one!
- -Laurene