'Faux' Wine vinegar (was Re: SC - Recipe: Sweet and Sour Lamb)

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 26 22:15:55 PST 2000

a quick tip for those curious:  When I do not have the white wine
vinegar called for in a recipe, I use a blend of vinegar and white grape
juice to approximate the flavor: 2 parts vinegar to one part juice.  It
is actually pretty close, and isn't hard to do if you have grape juice
in the ice box.  If not, a little apple juice will do in a pinch for
apple 'cider' vinegar approximation.

niccolo