SC - Cuskynoles?

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Wed Jan 5 15:27:58 PST 2000

>From: LrdRas at aol.com
>To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG, SCA-dist2 at onelist.com
>Subject: SC - My exciting Entry into the New Year-OT-OOP
>Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 23:22:13 EST
>
>Due to the large number of requests concerning my 'happy' new year, I
>decided
>that the best thing was to post the story to the list. As you read this,
>remember 'Only in America. Land of the Free. (NOT!)'  :-(
>
>My house is nestled in the center of a circle of surrounding houses. I was
>shooting off bottle rockets to 'ring' in the New Year when the people in
>front of me shot off their shotgun. The people behind brought out a 9 mm
>handgun and shot several shots into the air. A lady in another house called
>the police and told them I was firing a gun within the city limits.

Ras, I agree that your treatment at the hands of the police was extreme, and
I do suspect they got themselves hyped up to capture a Y2K crazy. I'd be
pissed too. What surprises me is that no one seems to be equally outraged at
the conduct of the idiots who _were_ shooting off guns in the middle of a
bunch of houses. Those bullets don't blow up into harmless little bits like
(most) bottle rockets - they come back down. Sometimes they kill people. The
lady who called the police to report the gunfire did exactly the right
thing. Even if they were shooting blanks, how would she know that? I'm sorry
you got caught up in the middle of it, but if you want to keep your right to
bear arms from being further "gutted", people who choose to keep firearms
have got to show more responsibility about their use than your trigger-happy
neighbors did.

Back to food real soon,

Linda Taylor, lmt_inpnw at hotmail.com

Morwyn of Wye, O.L.