SC - 12th Night is THIS SATURDAY - ACK!!!

Kerri Canepa kerric at pobox.alaska.net
Wed Jan 5 23:11:12 PST 2000

Gunthar said:
> She wants meat and sauces so here's what I'm thinking so
> far:

> wafers (I bought myself a pizzelle maker for Christmas)

I assume you are thinking of a sweet wafer here and not a
savory one. If you get a good savory wafer recipe, please
let me know. I think I'm giving up on a savory wafer for
my Candlemas luncheon and going back to the sweet wafers
which have worked out twice with good reviews. Argh, only
four more weeks. I still need some good foods that can be
prepared ahead by an inexperienced cook and set out for the
Royalty to browse on at lunch. Compost and sweet wafers and
maybe a duck is all I have come up with so far.

> I'm doing this pretty much alone so I can't do anything
> complicated, I'd have loved to do the fruit and nut "entrails"
> for this.

Yes, same here, but at least it is only for a dozen folks or so.
Perhaps I will look at such a dish. It is unusual and I can
probably do that by myself even though I'm much less experienced
than you. Could haslet be cooked ahead and stored or would it
get soggy if I did that? It would need to be refrigerated, I
imagine.

> I went skiing over the holidays! Woo hoo! I think I've found
> a new, expensive hobby! I need to live in the mountains and
> get out of Texas. Hot and flat is how I like my women, not
> where I live.

There is a reason it is called the Barony of the Steppes there.
Perhaps you should move down here. We got hills and it is cooler
in the summer. But little snow, I'm afraid.

> Hey, I OWN the rock!

Yes, the English said that too. But I hear they gave it back to
the Scots recently. Who'd want to sit on a rock, anyway?

Stefan
(In the Texas Hill Country)
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net