SC - Cuskynoles?

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Fri Jan 7 10:13:42 PST 2000

Sugar is a water soluble, crystalline compound.  It changes to a liquid
state when sufficiently heated, often forming molecular chains which become
rigid on cooling, which is why cookies are soft coming out of the oven, and
harden as they cool.  Sugar is mildly hygroscopic and the baking process
removes excess moisture leaving it more so.  Cookies, wafers, etc. absorb
atmospheric moisture and soften over time.

Bear