SC - Symposium

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Wed Jan 12 22:51:46 PST 2000

Hi all,

I've been offered a round (or two) of near-best-by-dated top quality double
brie for $10 (US$6.50), at a supermarket near a friend's place, quite a way
from here. This is about 1/3-1/4 of the normal cost. We won't see them for a
couple of months.

Now the question... Can I store the brie/camembert etc in their freezer and
defrost and eat it, or is it only suitable to use it for cooking (brie tarts
comes to mind as a great option here) later? Are there any other useful
storage options?

And of course, the other question... If you keep a round or two of good
cheese in a friend's freezer, how good a friend are they if they don't eat
it all before you see them next?

Mmmmm. Brie!

Glenda.