SC - Brie Storage - a little OT

Glenda Robinson glendar at compassnet.com.au
Thu Jan 13 15:59:02 PST 2000

    Adamantius pointed out a couple errors:

- --Viaunde of Cypres Ryalle
>> 1/4 cup ground almonds
>>Add honey spices, ********** & currants and cook for another 5 minutes.<

       > So how do the almonds figure in?<

    The almonds are added with the spices & currants.  I missed this, as it
isn't written in the redaction, and I tend to leave them out.

>What I'm familiar with under this name is slices of a sort of
ground-capon-meat pudding, thickened with egg yolks, rice flour, or
something along those lines, served under a
reduced wine sauce. Of course there are several variants and this may be
either one I just haven't seen, or a loose adaptation of one that I have
seen.<

    I tried to look up the original in the photocopy version of the *2 15th
Cent Books my Roomie owns,  but alas and alack, her copy is  *missing* this
page.   (aaaarrrgghhh)
Siobhan's redaction calls for  "4 cups cooked chopped chicken,"  I just like
to use chunks or small pieces (legs, "drumettes") Looking at the origianl
recipe in the pamphlet, it does seem to be more of a pudding-ish mess. . . .

    Tak the braun of capounes or of hennes ysothe or rosted & bray it in a
morter small as myed bred, & take good almound melk lyed with amondyn or
with floure of rys & colour it with safroun and boyle it wel. & charge it
with rosted braun, and sesn with honey and salt, and florsche it with maces
and quibybes.

      Caointiarn