SC - venison:Celtic(or Irish/Welsh/Scots)

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 14 10:30:46 PST 2000

In a message dated 1/14/00 4:39:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
parlei at algonet.se writes:

<< My guess is that, the universe not being a perfect place, not everyone
 actually uses the same character set (ISO-8859-1 is the one specified in
 HTML),  >>

Possibly. I only know that I did have problems with particular alphabet such
as the Icelandic one that Nanna sometimes uses and with certain French and
German characters but since I followed the instructions given on this list
before to correct the problem, I don't have the problem now. So I still
suspect that the user can correct it at his home terminal although, as you
say, this may not be possible if the server is the source of the problem.

There is little I can do if I type a fraction with 3 symbols (1 and / and 2,
for instance) and the end user's computer sees it as a single character and
interprets it as garbage. The inexecutable alternative would be to stop
posting recipes altogether. :-(

Ras