SC - Okay, my life just got interesting...

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Mon Jan 17 17:58:43 PST 2000

Greetings list,

On January 15, my lord husband, Alfonso d'Strada won the Coronet Tourney of the
Principality of Oertha. On January 16, he and I were invested as the newest
Prince and Princess.

Oh my.

To say that my life will not be my own for the next six months is a complete
understatement. I'm just glad I was able to work on the 12th Night feast BEFORE
Coronet Tourney. It's a pretty fair bet I won't be doing a whole lot of cooking
for SCA activities in the months to come - mostly because nobody will let me.

I do, however, want to keep encouraging the culinary arts within this
Principality. With regard to that, I asked two ladies who are deeply involved in
pursuing authentic cookery to be my Ladies of the Chamber. Between them, I
suspect they will provide period food should I so desire to have it (like for
entertaining visitors or just for the Royal household, stuff like that).

If any of you were to become Royalty and could influence the culinary sphere,
what would you like to see happen? I have a couple of ideas, but I would be
grateful for any suggestions all of you may have.

Wish us luck and a not too outrageous monthly phone bill,

Kerri
Cedrin Etainnighean, OL