SC - Re: Carving sets

RuddR@aol.com RuddR at aol.com
Wed Jan 19 15:29:29 PST 2000

> Thomas Gloning wrote:
> >
> > I know nothing about French toasts, so I was wondering if the following
> > German recipe (about 1445) has something to do with the 'French
> > Toast'-tradition or its near relatives? Here it goes:

I would like to thank you, Thomas.  Mostly for translating the german :-).
I probably have one of the smallest 'period cookbook' libraries of the
people on this list.  Unfortunately, I don't read german.  Italian, spanish
and some french I can manage, but I was not able to study German in school.
If you have any other recipes that you have translated I would love to have
a copy e-mailed to me!

Thank you in advance,

Diana d'Avignon