SC - Candlemas Royalty lunch menu

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Jan 19 23:20:20 PST 2000

>I'd encourage preparing feast booklets that include recipes and
>citations.  I've gotten some very good recipes that way.

Ooh, I like that idea. I just have to figure out a way to promote that without
making people feel like they're "supposed" to do it.

>I'd make sure that "chocolate" wasn't mentioned in my whims.

"Chocolate?" What's that?

>I'd make a point of publically praising cooks who make tasty period
>dishes, and/or praise particular dishes -- particularly at feast when
>the taste is fresh in everyone's mouth.

You betcha. The feast at Coronet was very good; just enough dishes in two
courses and while the recipes weren't rigidly authentic, they provided a
medieval flavor (one dish, a Russian krunik (sp?), was quite something. It had
three different fillings separated by blini in a large free standing pastry
coffin. It may not have been period but it sure looked that way). I thought the
whole feast and service were quite good and made sure to talk to the head cook
about it.

>toodles, margaret

Thanks, Margaret, for your suggestions.

Kerri