SC - a grid?

Lurking Girl tori at panix.com
Fri Jan 21 08:14:37 PST 2000

In a message dated 1/20/00 2:16:06 AM, stefan at texas.net writes:

<< Thank you. I think I will add this dish. What type of onions did you use?
The redaction in Medieval Kitchen calls for "red or other sweet onions".
Did those exist then? I know the real sweet ones, Valh<something> didn't.
How much olive oil did you use? I tend to be fairly heavy handed when I
put salad dressings on my own salads, but maybe that would not be good
for a group of folks? >>

I used standard, grocery store white onions.  I used a generous amount of
olive oil and wine vinegar, but not enough to make it like a soup... I'd say
that if you push all the solids to one side of the storage dish, and you see
roughly a couple tablespoons of liquid, you'd be about right. :) I hope this
is helpful.

Your humble servant,
Rosalyn MacGregor
(Pattie Rayl)