SC - VEGETARIAN HAGGIS

Seton1355@aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Sun Jan 23 11:20:13 PST 2000

Brangwayna had said about the gentle that had started the thread on the
rialto

>He's also very interested in trying to reconstruct as accurately as
possible
>what peasants' or soldiers' meals might have been like, as it suits his
>persona more than a nobleman's feast.

One of the things the gentle has mentioned more then once is the idea of
finding a medieval recipe and leaving off the  spices the peasant might have
found too expensive. He actually mentions it as a query. Would this practice
make the recipe medievalish instead of medieval like the original.
In my mind I would say it makes it medievalish. We cant prove that the
spicing would be left off and we also cant prove that they didn't try to
substitute with something else.
What do you guys think?

Zoe Valonin,
(MKA Deborah Schumacher)