SC - Seven Centuries of English Cooking

Aldyth@aol.com Aldyth at aol.com
Tue Jan 25 12:40:44 PST 2000

In a message dated 1/25/00 10:23:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
LHupman at kenyon.com writes:

<<
 I gave my friend Wulfric a pair of rosebushes about two years ago -- a
 damask and a moschata, both dating from the 1500's.  The moschata bloomed,
 and produced the sweetest cream colored blossoms you could imagine.  He used
 them to make rosee, and it came out as a most fragrant, cream-colored
 pudding.  He had to pluck the flowers on the day they bloomed, or else they
 would turn brown and wilt, but he was able to keep them fresh in a small
 tupperware container in the refrigerator until he had enough to experiment
 with.

 Rose :)

    Yummmm! I will have to try it for myself sometime--my damask puts out a
ton of blooms that smell divine, but it is up at my folks house (No room for
it here) which means that I miss a good chunk of the blossoms. I usually just
dry the ones I do manage to gather for rose beads--another lovely use to put
them to, that is a bit longer lasting.

            Ldy Diana