SC - Origanum

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Wed Jan 26 17:26:34 PST 2000

- --0-1804289383-948930640=:18834

(laughing) I can just see you doing that in the white dress...lol

Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au wrote:
I am known sometimes as Miss Kiri

In Lochac it has become a bit of a tradition to nickname Barons and
Baronesses (court and landed) eg.

Wolfsige Clovenhaft is the Grumpy Baron Wolfsige
Madelaine de Bourgogne is the Dread Baroness Maddie
... my "baronial nickname" is the Dreadnought Baroness Kiriel

This is due to an long-standing joke that came from me wearing a huge
drum-farthingaled white elizabethan to a particularly wet Rowany Festival.
People said that I was like a ship in sail, floating above the mud and
water, untouched by dirt... hence came the cry: "god bless Kiriel and all
who sail in her!"

(This particular outfit has also gone into history as "the coal wash dress",
as, due to flooding, we had to do some work on the roads over the festival.
Barely anyone volunteered, and I got the irrits with people saying "oh but I
might get my new outfit dirty". I marched down to the road and started
digging coalwash; working on the theory that if I could dig coalwash in a
white drum-farthingaled elizabethan, _noone_ had an excuse! I am told it
was a bizarre and impressive sight... all I know is that shoveling is much
harder around a drum farthingale! )

Kiriel
the most amazing thing for me was that I actually managed to get the dress
clean again

Do You Yahoo!?
- --0-1804289383-948930640=:18834

<P>(laughing) I can just see you doing that in the white dress...lol</P>
<P><B><I>Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au</B></I> wrote:<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I am known sometimes as Miss Kiri<BR><BR>In Lochac it has become a bit of a tradition to nickname Barons and<BR>Baronesses (court and landed) eg. <BR><BR>Wolfsige Clovenhaft is the Grumpy Baron Wolfsige<BR>Madelaine de Bourgogne is the Dread Baroness Maddie<BR>... my "baronial nickname" is the Dreadnought Baroness Kiriel<BR><BR>This is due to an long-standing joke that came from me wearing a huge<BR>drum-farthingaled white elizabethan to a particularly wet Rowany Festival.<BR>People said that I was like a ship in sail, floating above the mud and<BR>water, untouched by dirt... hence came the cry: "god bless Kiriel and all<BR>who sail in her!" <BR><BR>(This particular outfit has also gone into history as "the coal wash dress",<BR>as, due to flooding, we had to do some work on the roads over the festival.<BR>Barely anyone volunteered, and I got the irrits with people saying "oh but I<BR>might get my new outfit dirty". I marched down to the road and started<BR>digging coalwash; working on the theory that if I could dig coalwash in a<BR>white drum-farthingaled elizabethan, _noone_ had an excuse! I am told it<BR>was a bizarre and impressive sight... all I know is that shoveling is much<BR>harder around a drum farthingale! )<BR><BR>Kiriel<BR>the most amazing thing for me was that I actually managed to get the dress<BR>clean again<BR><BR><BR><BR>============================================================================<BR><BR>To be removed from the SCA-Cooks mailing list, please send a message to<BR>Majordomo at Ansteorra.ORG with the message body of "unsubscribe SCA-Cooks".<BR><BR>============================================================================<BR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Talk to your friends online with <a href="http://im.yahoo.com/">Yahoo! Messenger</a>.
- --0-1804289383-948930640=:18834--