SC - Request for inspiration

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Fri Jan 28 02:08:51 PST 2000

The Calafian Cook's Guild has just been given a request/challenge.

The autocrat (ok, steward) for an event in mid-June has asked for a feast
that will feature 'plundered foods' from coastal countries.

He has specifically requested _AZTEC_ chocolate from the New World, but
also wants to go east to Britain, up to Scandanavia, then down south and
around to North Africa and the Middle East.

So, what might be called a 'plundered food'??? I could see a spit roasted
mutton in there (we have a great local source where we can get them at
$1.59 a lb, and they turn out MAHVELLOUS).  But, what else?  Maybe the
Icelandic Chicken Packets (chicken and bacon and sage)?? A little bit of
seafood, but what kind? (I doubt our budget will stretch for oysters on the
half shell or even shrimp.)

As you can see, we need a little inspiration. My fellow cooks, can you help
us out here???

Thank you VERY much in advance for your time, and your advice (and all
citing of sources will be VERY dutifully recorded).

Yours In Service,
Lady Magdalene MacDonald
Kingdom of Caid
Barony of Calafia
(yet Incipient)Canton of Tanwayour
MoA&S for Tanwayour

Oh yeah, Senior Cook with the Calafian Cook's guild.