SC - Eternal soup pots

Tollhase1@aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Fri Jan 28 04:21:17 PST 2000

- -
>The autocrat (ok, steward) for an event in mid-June has asked for a feast
>that will feature 'plundered foods' from coastal countries.
>So, what might be called a 'plundered food'??? I could see a spit roasted
>mutton in there (we have a great local source where we can get them at
>$1.59 a lb, and they turn out MAHVELLOUS).  But, what else?  Maybe the
>Icelandic Chicken Packets (chicken and bacon and sage)?? A little bit of
>seafood, but what kind? (I doubt our budget will stretch for oysters on the
>half shell or even shrimp.)

How about haggis (from Scotland, of course--who says you only have to
plunder current North American favourites)? Just now, you can often get them
for half price or less, in the week after Robbie Burns' Night -- and haggis
actually tasted surprisingly good (I'm eating one tomorrow).

Francesco Sirene