SC - 16th Century recipes a few questions. . .

Mon Jan 31 08:23:47 PST 2000

- --=====================_2197370==_.ALT

hey all from Anne-Marie
Maggie asks:
>Btw, the only translation I have of the recipe is the one below. Are there
>any further variations on it?

le menagier has a similar dish, with chicks wrapped in pastry with bacon and
spices and vinegar. we use single chicken thighs to simulate the smaller
chick...(whichh I realize isnt totally accurate...)

from le Menagier a Paris [M25]
Chicks may be placed in pastry, back down and breast up, and broad slices of
bacon on the breast; and then cover.
Item, in the Lombardy fashion, when the chicks are plucked and prepared, have
beaten eggs, both yolks and whites, with verjuice and powdered spices, and
moisten your chicks in it: then put in pastry with slices of bacon as above.

also very tasty! especially if, like some of my household members, you think
whole sage leaves feel like a baby mouse in your mouth when you bit into
them....(I have very imaginative household members :))

- --AM

- --=====================_2197370==_.ALT

hey all from Anne-Marie<br>
Maggie asks:<br>
>Btw, the only translation I have of the recipe is the one below. Are
there <br>
>any further variations on it?<br>
le menagier has a similar dish, with chicks wrapped in pastry with bacon
and spices and vinegar. we use single chicken thighs to simulate the
smaller chick...(whichh I realize isnt totally accurate...)<br>
<i>Chicks may be placed in pastry, back down and breast up, and broad
slices of bacon on the breast; and then cover. <br>
Item, in the Lombardy fashion, when the chicks are plucked and prepared,
have beaten eggs, both yolks and whites, with verjuice and powdered
spices, and moisten your chicks in it: then put in pastry with slices of
bacon as above.<br>
members, you think whole sage leaves feel like a baby mouse in your mouth
when you bit into them....(I have very imaginative household members
:))<br>
- --AM<br>