SC - yet another egg question

Magdalena magdlena at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 18 17:27:51 PST 2000

Hi!

    I have yet another egg question for y'all.  My SO is
doing a repeatability study on the use of eggs as
hydrometers in period brewing.  So far he has discovered
that store bought eggs don't repeat results for love of god
or money.  (I told him to use fresh eggs... ;> )  My
question is:  Will eggs from a commercial setup where the
chickens are fed all sorts of supplements have a different
density than eggs from a free-range chicken, assuming that
both are fresh that day?    Also, if Digby says eggs, is it
safe to assume chicken eggs?  I can't easily get my hands on
the cooking section to see what eggs he references.   Hey,
while I'm asking questions, got any suggestions for what to
cook with 6 dozen eggs besides custard, pickled eggs, or
scotch eggs?

Thanks,
- -Magdalena