SC - Okay, my life just got interesting...

Kerri Canepa kerric at pobox.alaska.net
Wed Jan 19 23:07:15 PST 2000

>	Congratulations!  What an exciting time!  How long are you on the
>throne? How many groups are in Oertha, and how far will you likely travel
>in the course of your duties?

The Prince and Princess reign for six months and step down on the same weekend
as the Coronet List. Currently, there are two cantons, one shire, two baronies,
and an incipient shire in Oertha. Oh, yes and a college. Well, we hope to travel
to all groups during the reign which will probably be one or the other of us out
to the canton in Kotzebue (which we have to fly into; everywhere else we can
drive to).

>	I think I would definately let it be known that you appreciate period
>culinary efforts...

<snippage of some good suggestions>

>By allowing folks to experiment on period cooking in small
>batches you let them get their feet wet without commiting to an entire
>event, which can be scary.

This idea has a lot of merit. I could sponsor a cooking workshop or class at one
of the collegiums held around the Principality by providing the ingredients
(assuming there would also be an organizer that would handle the other details
like equipment, a kitchen, etc). The product of the class could be either used
as an afternoon repast (for a moderate sized group) or the evening meal (for a
small sized group). I also have wads and wads of recipes that don't have large
numbers of expensive and/or difficult to find ingredients in them. For the
beginner, I could provide the recipes I've worked out with my weights and
measurements just so they don't have to start from the original documents. More
experienced cooks could try their hands at the originals.

Thanks for the idea!

Kerri
Cedrin Etainnighean, OL