SC - Re: piper negrum

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Jan 27 20:45:50 PST 2000

Greetings Dave,

An interesting sounding project. There are a number of seed merchants
mentioned in this file in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SEEDS section of my
Florilegium files. The search engine you used may have had you looking
at the old site. Use the address given below.
seeds-msg         (51K) 12/21/99    Sources for period plants and seeds.

Is there a particular reason you are wanting a black pepper plant?
There are some other similar pepper plants, long pepper and grains
of paradise are two that I can think of that might also be of
interest.

There are some folks on the SCA-Cooks list that have grown and grow
some unusual plants. I am also going to send this message to this list
to see if any of them have specific sources for you or perhaps have
grown pepper plants and can give you any advice.

(So, folks on this list, please send any comments directly to Dave
at k9uim at otbnet.com as well as to this list).

Hope this is a help to you, Dave. Please let me know how your
experiment turns out.

Stefan

> "David P. Smith" wrote:
>
> Hi - found your address while linking around looking for data
> on black pepper.
>
> Could you by any chance give me the name and address of
> a place where one might obtain a plant or live seeds to grow
> a black pepper (table pepper) plant as a greenhouse project?
> Dave, k9uim at otbnet.com

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net