SC - Cressee webbed

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Jul 3 13:30:30 PDT 2000

True saffron was sometimes adulterated with safflower.  (Perhaps Francesco
Sirene has more info on this practice?) Safflower gives a good yellow
color, but no flavor that I can detect. It also has the benefit of being
inexpensive.  I prefer using it in all my dishes that call for saffron.

Just a thought...

Cindy