SC - breakfast feast

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Jul 11 23:21:00 PDT 2000

Eden asked:
> I'm just sure I've come across a medieval/renn fried chicken recipe
> somewhere in my readings, but can't for the life of me recall which
> manuscript/book.  anyone else know of one?
>
> note that I don't need a redaction, just the original text.

There was a recipe for "fried" chicken in Apicius that we discussed
here for quite a while. There are several others in other manuscripts.
It may depend on your definition of "Fried Chicken". Do you consider
just frying it in oil to count? Or do you want a recipe that rolls
the chicken pieces in flour or breadcrumbs first and then fries it
in the oil?

Check this file in the FOOD section for a number of recipes that
would be included in the former definition and maybe one for the
second. I would just paste it here, but there are several and it
would get long.
chicken-msg      (138K)  9/27/99    Period and SCA chicken recipes.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net