SC - The Perfect Feast

Michael Newton melcnewt at netins.net
Mon Jul 17 11:07:44 PDT 2000

Good Day Rovena.  How about Jellied Milk?  It's easy and I promise the kid's
will eat it if they eat jello (and are not lactose intolerant).

1 pint milk
5 tsp unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup sugar
flavoring agent ie. vanilla, mint, almond, etc.
food coloring (optional)

It's best to double this recipe.

In an 8x8 rinsed pan add the flavoring and color.  Set pan in refrigerator
til needed.

Sprinkle gelatin on 4 T (1/4 C if doubled) of milk.  Allow to soften 5 min.
then stand the container in a bowl of very hot water til geletin is disolved
(stir).

Heat remaining milk and the sugar to a simmer.  Add the geletin mixture.
Stir 5 minutes at a simmer (don't boil).

Pour liquid into the 8 x 8 pan carefully. Give a quick stir and refrigerate
till set.  Cut into squares or dimonds.

OuaLa!  Period jigglers!

Good Luck.

Oh.  How about candied citrus peels?

>From: Rovena <rovena at softdisk.com>
>To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
>Subject: SC - Begging A Favor
>Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 23:25:19 -0500
>
>I need to beg a favor of this great list.
>
>My shire will be doing a demo for a local library in two weeks and we
>wish to give the kids a taste of medieval foods.  Our handout will
>include the original recipe and the redaction (hope to interest the
>parents with this).  I am not normally a "kid person" and have none of
>my own so I have no clue as to what they will eat.
>
>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I once tasted a walnut
>paste that the feastocrat called the medieval peanut butter.  It was
>good and looked good.  Could anyone provide this recipe?
>
>Thank you for all the help I know I will get.
>
>Rovena

Lady Olwen the Odd
Clan of Odds
House Blackstar