SC - Re: Killer cooks

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Jul 20 06:10:56 PDT 2000

I´ve had excellent results with steaming the duck (place it breast side down
on a roasting rack above a pan with some stock, cover tightly with foil,
place in a hot oven and steam for about an hour. Then uncover the duck and
pour away most of the stock and fat, brush with glaze and roast until
gloriously dark golden and crispy.

I can email the exact recipe to you if you wish, or you can find it here:

http://food4.epicurious.com/HyperNews/get/archive_swap29201-29300/29226.html

I have since experimented with other types of glaze and a simple soy
sauce/honey glaze also works well.

I´ve found that this recipe gives you a tender and juicy bird with a crispy
skin every time, and much of the fat is melted off by the steaming.

Nanna