SC - Re: A fennel question

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 21 10:00:46 PDT 2000

You are speaking of domestic duck, not wild correct?

Wild duck should be baked and only baked.  Just ask my sister-in-law she
tried to boil one. eeek!

Hear is how I do it.

Clean and skin the duck, remove any fat and any pellets you can find.  (I
usually find there is very little to no fat on a wild duck.)  Stuff with
either cooked rice or and apple in the cavity.  Place on a baking rack
breast side up.  Salt to taste.  Bake at 350 for about 1 hr or until done.

To serve; throw away the rice or apple.  (This will absorb some of the wild
flavor and to most is uneatable.) I like to place the duck on a bead of wild
rice for presentation.  One duck per person as wild ducks are usually small.

Lady Jana