SC - Smithsonian dinner

KallipygosRed@aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Wed Jul 26 08:21:53 PDT 2000

good Morning,

Alvira asked :
>   But I have a problem.  The site is bone dry.  Even cooking
> with wine could
> lead to legal ramifications.  Can I substitute grape juice and have a
> palatable sauce?  Alvira

If you had a non-concord grape juice you could maybe come up with something
palatable, but I have another suggestion: boil the alcohol off your wine at
home & decant into a non-wine bottle.  this will retain the flavor of the
original dish much more closely than a straight grape juice even if you had
a wine grape.  cooking with boiled off wine works fine for most recipes. I
do this regularly since my husband gets migraines from alcohol & many of my
friends won't touch food unless I can *guarantee* there's no alcohol left in
it.
Try it - you'll like it :->
Eden

Eden Rain