SC - toys for tot feast

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Wed Jul 26 09:33:16 PDT 2000

In a message dated 07/26/2000 10:54:38 AM Central Daylight Time,
melcnewt at netins.net writes:

<< Does not seem to be enough meat for the fighters, at a all day tourney.

 My opinion though as a non-fighter

 Thorbjorn >>
50 lbs of beef for a 100 person feast and the very cheesy bread on the first
remove, along with the salmon and possibly chicken loaf on the third should
do them very well.  In the past if I have offered more meat it was just
barely ate.  Or they got so full they had trouble staying awake. (wait that
happens at all my feasts)
Also we are a small shire with small budgets, I have trouble justifying a lot
of meat, I've never seen evidence that everyday people ate a lot of meat,
Same soap box I have for little squares of yellow cheese.  Expensive,
wasteful and I doubt it was period.  I do like soft flavored cheese.  I'm
also blessed with a friend who has done the research and has won renown for
her soft flavored cheese.  They tell me it is wonderful.  I can't have any
mammals milk so I don't know.  Alvira