SC - a very tiny hurray and some questions

Jeffrey Miller eogan at amazon.com
Mon Jul 3 10:38:24 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "david friedman" <ddfr at best.com>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2000 9:33 PM
Subject: Re: SC - a very tiny hurray and some questions

> At 2:48 PM -0400 7/2/00, Jenne Heise wrote:
>
> >Furthermore, I want to start trying out mustards. Mustards are nice on
> >bread, but better on meat in my opinion... I was wondering about roasted
> >beef. I looked through my medieval cookbooks last fall looking for a
> >recipe for basic pre-1600 roast beef, but couldn't find one. Suggestions?
>
> Lots of recipes for sauces to put on the roast beef; off hand I can't
> think of a roast beef recipe.

I don't know if this is applicable or not (tell me if not, SVP) but I've
always put nutmeg on a roast before cooking, and although I don't have
documentation for it, anecdotaly I can say that I was flipping through
someone elses workbook and saw a period recipe for something similar and
said "Ah ha!"

- -j-