SC - Help with cheese

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Jul 6 21:23:19 PDT 2000

Greetings Ysolt,

I don't remember us discussing mozzarella cheese here before. However,
there have been a number of discussions on cheese and cheesemaking.

You might want to take a look at these files in the FOOD
section of my Florilegium files. The URL can be seen in my sig line
below.
cheese-msg       (119K) 12/ 7/99    Medieval cheese. Recipes.
Cheese-Making-art (30K)  9/29/97    "Cheese Making for the Compleat
Novice" by
                                       Lady Aoife Finn.
cheesemaking-msg  (39K) 12/ 8/99    Comments and info. on cheesemaking. Recipes.

Stefan

> >From: Ysolt la Bretonne <ysolt at nc.rr.com>
> >To: "Bonne" <Oftraquair at hotmail.com>
> >Subject: Help with cheese
> >Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 12:20:52 -0400
> >
> >Karen,
> >
> >I know you are on the Cooks List. What resources do you know about for
> >cheesemaking? Yesterday I tried a first pass at making mozzarella according
> >to the recipe in the Herald-Sun from a few weeks ago. I did something
> >wrong.
> >I got my curds and worked them as directed, I think. But boy is it tough!
> >Nothing like the light little balls floating in brine/whey at Wellspring.
> >
> >Any suggestions would be appreciated. I quickly grabbed a book from the
> >library (only one at the branch) that turned out to be about cheese but not
> >cheese making.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Nancy
> >
> >Lady Ysolt la Bretonne