SC - posole?

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Fri Jul 21 10:15:48 PDT 2000

> Ok, but what is a "posole"? I guess adding chilies could be used to
> stretch the meat a bit further. If you add enough chilies, it's so
> hot you *can't* eat much. :-)

As has been stated, Posole is a pork and hominy stew. Very spicy.
I don't care much for it but that's because I'm not a big fan of hominy.

Menudo, well, I think it's perfect as a hangover cure. 'nuff said.

> And those who are going to be at Pennsic and think you *can't* add too
> many chilies, come to the Ansteorra chili night and find out! Me?
> I think I'll just stick to the mild and medium heat intensities. I had
> too much hot chilli two years ago. Or was that the mead I had with it?

The chili will be mild, medium and medium-ish vegetarian. I've found
a nice vegetarian chili recipe with tofu that looks interesting. It depends
on how much the tofu is going to cost.

There will be a side table with things to doctor up your chili to make it
more to your liking. Including a firery haberno sauce. I'm sure there will
also be others in camp making their own "macho" chili to serve as well.

> And the headcook this year is Poppa Gunthar!

I got shanghai'd by the Princess.
I still wish I had some armadillo and rattlesnake. I have a very special
chili in mind....

> Lord Stefan li Rous

Yers,

Gunthar