SC - Help - Dangerous Herbs

BalthazarBlack at aol.com BalthazarBlack at aol.com
Tue Jul 25 00:34:17 PDT 2000

<< IIRC, I think saffron was used as an abortificant by nature of it brings
 on menses. More of an induced miscarriage. That may also have been at
 higher doses than normal consumption, as 10-12 gm of saffron is
 supposedly fatal to humans (Lust, John. _Herb Book_. 1974)  My source
 for it's use as an abortificant is long lost in a university library
 somewhere during past research on something else. >>

Even if it is never proven, I think we should all assume saffron is very
dangerous, and it's use should be avoided at all costs.  Merchants who insist
on peddaling this contraband foodstuff should be declared Enemies of the
State :)

The same goes for Pine Nuts.

Balthazar of Blackmoor