SC - Coleman oven

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Thu Jun 1 06:26:18 PDT 2000

> I wasn't referring to species, but to processing.  The only time
> before that I'd seen lavendar for sale was in a store that had a lot of

> herbs and grains and beans in large canisters.  They had several kinds
of
> dried flowers -- lavender, rose, hibiscus -- which I assumed were meant

> for potpourri.  I did not feel confident that they hadn't been sprayed
> with some kind of insecticide or preservative somewhere along the line.

> The lavender I bought at the flea market was packaged in a sealed
> plastic jar from a herb/spice company, and is clearly meant for food
use.

> Lady Brighid ni Chiarain

	If they were from Frontier, they are food-safe.  We have lavender, rose
buds, calendula flowers, and many other types of flowers in the large
canisters in our bulk herbs area, and Frontier is our main supplier.
Most of their stuff is certified Organic, and all should be safe for
consumption, unless the bottle has a warning against this.  Many bottles
will list counter-indications as well, such as "Should not be used by
pregnant women".
Christianna