SC - Chili Party

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Jun 2 15:56:11 PDT 2000

>> I have a recipe for a
lemon-beer, three days, 10 lemons, some sugar, a package of baking yeast,
water, and voila!, you have a fizzy lemon drink, not enough
fermentation...<<

Sounds like one in my old Shaker cook book, from a people not known for
modern adaptation.  I think something very like this was done in colonial
Virginia, as well.
Since we can donate, the cook could make this for an event, if caution
were used in serving it--adults only.  I think there's a gadget that
measures the alchohol content--ask your baronial brewmaster if he has
one.  As we can't serve the alchoholic bev. used in period, this might be
a somewhat satisfactory drink to use.  There are only so many variations
of Sekanjabin.

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com