SC - Re: Aoife's Complaint

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Sun Jun 4 02:20:20 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/3/00 3:20:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

> Another consideration is that it places the burden of doing something
>  about the problem squarely on the shoulders of the victim.

Victim?  I hate to be snide, but PLEASE tell me how you are a victim!  This
was literature, not action!!  There are NO victims in literature!!  NONE!
You can read, or you can not...there was no one forcing you at gunpoint to
read that post!  Once you decided it was offensive, you could have skipped
it, digest or not.  This has gone WAY beyond silly, folks.  No one was harmed
with that post.  It was innapropriate, and that is ALL!  Victim?  Puh-leeeze!

Sorry to get upset, but for the love of Mike, if people are this sensitive,
they have NO business accessing the internet, which is perhaps one of the
last great bastions of freedom of speech and expression left in the world.
Let us preserve it.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?