SC - Cariadoc's books

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Jun 5 22:21:16 PDT 2000

> Francesco Sirene pipes up to assure her that spicanardi is the same
> thing as spikenard, which definitely is *not* lavender. ... (And just
> coincidentally, we can supply the genuine stuff, if you need some for
> that strange recipe -- actually, if anyone does have strange recipes
> using spikenard, and can report on the results, we'd be interested
> to hear).

Francesco,

Thanks for your answer - and I just received my spikenard shipment from
you in the mail, so I should be able to report on the results soon!  I
read (with interest) your previous post on spikenard, now archived in
the Florilegium.

I'm redacting Anthimus' beef stew recipe, which calls for costmary and
spikenard, and I'm growing the costmary in my backyard for the recipe.
When I finally have enough to try it out, I'll certainly post the
results.

- - Clotild