SC - OT - Pseudo-Medievaloid Cookery Saves the Day

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Tue Jun 13 15:49:08 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/13/00 5:58:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
parlei at algonet.se writes:

> I was thinking more like a temperature setting on a thermostat (while we
>  are into dream equipment). It would cost, and add to the list of Things
>  That Can Break, but for sheer cool factor... And yes, there are systems
>  that can do both cooling and heating, only they are expensive.

My experience has been that marble slabs for pastry and candy work generally
maintain a fairly cool temperature anyway (at least, until you throw boiling
sugar syrup on it...)  I have seen hollow marble rolling pins, capped on one
end, into which you place an ice and water mixture, as well, but have not had
a need for one of these things.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?