SC - questions

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Tue Jun 13 21:50:49 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/13/00 8:14:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time, LrdRas at aol.com
writes:

> << I have a question that has bugged me for a while.
>   In the SCA, we concentrate on re-creating specific document period
>   recipes, but don't really pay much attention to period _menus_. Why is
>   that? >>
>
>  I suspect the problem is with the cook. I know many including myself that
>  work exclusively from a single manuscript for any particular feast.

The problem lies with the lack of extant period menus, and not the cook.  You
cannot accurately recreate something you have never seen... There is a
difference between creating your own menu using period reciepts, and
recreating one which was used in period (and is documentable)

OTOH, if you publish a list of dishes, and the order in which they are
served, then you "are" using a _menu_

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?