SC - dream camp kitchens

Korrin S DaArdain korrin.daardain at juno.com
Tue Jun 13 21:54:30 PDT 2000

'Lainie declared:
> Stefan li Rous wrote:
> >
> > 'Lainie asked:
> > > Here's a question that'll open a can of especially fun, wiggly worms: If
> > > money was no object and you could have the kitchen of your dreams
> > > (either home or eventing), what would you do? How would you design it?
> > > What appliances would you have? What decor? I'm just curious, but I also
> > > want to see if a couple of my pet theories about cooks pan out...
> >
> > There are a few dream camp kitchens given in this file in the SCA-CAMPING
> > section of the Florilegium:
> > camp-kitchens-msg (24K)  5/17/00    Camp kitchen ideas for SCA use.
>
> Cute, Stefan, real cute. But not what I asked. What would _YOU_ do?

Huh? I thought it was. You said "(either home or eventing)". I guess up
in your area you must do most (all?) of your event cooking in institutional
type kitchens. We do some of that here in Ansteorra but probably just
as many or more at primative sites with a grill and a set of concrete
tables, if you are lucky. But on second thought I can see where that
might not be what you were thinking of.

What would I do? Probably more room. We just cleaned off the counters and
now I can once again mix together food on the counter instead of on
the edge of the counter or between the stove burners. So more counters.
And more cabinets to put things in. While I now have a Kitchenaid food
processor after some of the talk from this group, it is somewhat difficult
to use since I have to drag it out of the garage in it's box, put it
togother then box it back up at the end.

I'm only getting into this cooking thing, so I guess I haven't formed
a lot of desires on specific things yet. I've already got a gas stove
instead of an electric. A full-size freezer instead of the one built
into the refrigerator would be nice so I could store left over broth
or bones to make broth and items bought on sale. And if there are
no limits, an herb garden that someone else takes care of.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net