SC - questions

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Wed Jun 14 07:04:33 PDT 2000

I'd like a setup like the one Caroline Yelham uses at the historical
recreation that she participates in, in England. (Those of you who were at
CooksCon saw her set-up. *drool* *slobber*) They use this huge rig for
cooking - two tall tripods on either side of the fire box, with attached
racks for crossbars, hooks, spits, and hangers. I've just found a blacksmith
who will build the thing for me. I just need to bring him a picture and
$250. The accessories would be extra. I bought a long (36") cooking fork
from him, and now I'm regretting not buying two.

I want at least a couple of those pot-bellied cast-iron pots. And a pile of
ceramic bowls, jugs, etc., that of course came with a replacement policy, or
at least would never break. (You did say "dream" kitchen.)

I also thought that Caroline's workspace was very nice - it was simple, but
efficient. Trestle tables under a square or rectangular sunshade. Of course,
they don't have dust in England like we have in the Outlands, or at
Estrella. So some modifications would need to be made for hygiene purposes.
Isn't that invisible force field available commercially yet?

Maredudd